Citizens Bank Minnesota MasterCard Debit Card has an embedded computer chip, also known as an EMV chip, which adds improved security and better fraud protection for you. This technology is already securing payment cards in more than 80 countries and is now being adopted as the card standard in the United States.
You may still be required to enter your card’s PIN or sign for transactions. You can still use the magnetic strip on the back of your card if the merchant’s terminal or ATM is not yet chip enabled. Either way, we have you covered.
Download this FREE mobile app that allows you to conveniently control when, where and how your Debit Card can be used!
- Turn your cards off and on: Misplaced your card? Turn it off until you find it!
- Get instant alerts: Receive alerts based on the rules you set.
- Control where and how your Debit Card can be used: Out shopping or on vacation? Set the card to work only where you are!
- Plus much more!
Download the app in the Apple or Google Play store!
Sign up for Text Alerts!
Citizens customers have the ability to enroll in free* text alerts for their debit card activity! smsGuardian is a great tool for fraud prevention and detection!
If there are certain times of the day you wish to not be contacted, click on the "Preferences" tab and set up a "Do Not Disturb" window. Enter the time zone and select the hours you want to assign as "Do Not Disturb". Alerts will not be sent during the "Do Not Disturb" window and will be held until the window has passed.
Alerts will be sent for the following:
- International transactions
- Authorizations greater than $300.00
- 8 or more transactions in 24 hours
- Card not present
- Out of state transaction
- Declined authorization
*Message and data rates may apply