- Check balances
- Transfer funds
- Pay bills
- Message a bank representative
- Organize dashboard
- Re-name accounts
- Link another financial institution
Getting e-Statements reduces the risk for fraud, clutter in your mailbox and allows you 24/7 access to your statements! Enrolling is easy with Citizens Online Banking - watch the short video above and enroll today!
- Go to 'Accounts'
- Click on the account
- 'Alert Preferences'
- Two alert types
- Balance alerts
- Transaction alerts
- Can be notified by text, email or in-app message
Online Bill Pay
- View, download, or print a PDF of your current bill
- Customer support information from the biller
- An archive of previous bills
Alexa Voice Bill Pay
A Voice Bill Pay skill, like iPay QuickPay, is a voice-driven capability that enables you to access certain information about your Citizens Bank Minnesota bill pay account on your Alexa-enabled device.
You can ask Alexa to list your payees if you are unsure of which payees you’ve added to your account
- Log in to your account at www.citizensmn.bank and click the “Bill Pay” link
- Select the “My Account” tab
- Go to the Voice Bill Pay section and select the “Add Alexa” link
- Answer the challenge phrase questions
- Enter credentials and submit
- Within the Alexa App on your mobile device, search for the iPay QuickPay skill and choose “Enable”
- When prompted, enter the credentials you created in bill pay to begin linking your bill pay account to iPay QuickPay
- Create a 4-digit PIN that you will remember since it will be requested every time you launch iPay QuickPay
- Select “I agree, Link Account” to complete the account linking process
- Now you can say, “Alexa, start iPay QuickPay”
External Transfers (Bank-to-Bank Transfers)
- Customer must have a checking or savings account and online banking with Citizens Bank Minnesota.
- Account holder must only enroll accounts in which they have the right to transfer funds.
- Account setup is similar to PayPal.
- There is a 3 PM daily cutoff. Transfers initiated prior to cutoff will typically be displayed in the account at the start of the next business day.
- Daily limits do apply. Contact Citizens to request an adjustment.
- More details can be found in the agreement after the feature has been enabled.
• Update virus protection software periodically and after every new virus alert is announced
• Do not download files or open hyperlinks sent from people you don’t know
• Use a firewall program to reduce the risk of your computer being accessible to hackers
• Enter personal and financial information only when there is a “lock” icon on the browser’s status bar and look for URL to read “https” versus “http”
• If you must store personal and financial information on your computer:
- Make all passwords hard to guess by using complex combinations of numbers and upper and lower case letters
- Don’t use an automatic log-in feature
- Always log off when you’re finished
• Before discarding a computer, delete personal information using a “wipe” utility program to overwrite the entire hard drive